Various Artists: Body Frequencies
- Nightmare Lodge - Tenia
- Klange - Hearte/Hertz Files Live
- In Zhe Gaza Megakitsch - Une Soiree A La Plage
- Smell & Quim - Your Enemy's Balls
- Esplendor Geometrico - Veratatis Splendor
- Origami - The Sensation Of...
- Dive - Power Of Passion
- Kapotte Muziek - The Body In Decay (Part 1)
- Kebabtraume - D.O.C.S.
- Recognition Test - New Born (Dope Remix)
- Implant Code - Pulse 1 (Bio-Digital Symbiosis II)
- Jouissance - Father Of Lies
- Loi Interceps - Roses's Attack
- Full Dynamic Range - Trance (Dance)
If the title of this compilation isn't enough to explain the subtleness of the
theme then the slightly out of focus Prince William piercing on the cover ought
to be. The compilation is tribute to the art of tattooing, piercing and
scarification and the musicians who use the now popular archaic tribal
techniques to embellish their art medium. The music is a smattering of Minus
Habens recording artists and other European classical industrial artists who
compose noise symphonies compiled from found sound and ambient texturing. Also
the majority of the track titles or band present on the compilation can be
loosely interpreted as following the common theme of 'Body Frequencies'. One
might even be so inclined to suggest that the sounds created by the various
artists could be compared to many of the sounds of the internal human body and
that they are creating music that compliments the natural 'Body Frequencies'.
Regardless of the stretch of the imagination to come up with such an obscure
thesis the music itself is flawless. Having only even heard of the existence of
two band on this compilation the remainder of the music was an intriguing
exploration into the experimental sector of modern classical industrial music.
The CD left me to scour my local import specialty shops trying to find a
release of any kind by several of the artists present which means the
compilation has had it's intended effect.
Minus Habens Records
via Giustino Fortunato 8/N
Last Modified: Monday, 24-Sep-2012 16:49:29 MST